In order to have systems in the desired state, it is important to continuously monitor them. Director Online provides different monitoring views at different levels, making monitoring easier and more effective.
Director Online helps to monitor all the information required for OpenEBS cStor storage pool, cStor volume and Stateful applications.
With Director Online, OpenEBS volume monitoring can be done various means such as Multi-Cloud, Granular,Cross-cloud etc.
The granular details of a particular OpenEBS volume can be viewed by clicking the Volume Analytics icon displayed parallel (towards the end)to volume details, it redirects you to the dashboard(as shown in the image below) where more details of the OpenEBS volume can be obtained.
This dashboard can be shared and saved using the share and Save buttons present int the top right corner(encircled in the image below).
Steps to monitor Minio and CockroachDB:
Note: Make sure the pod has all the labels that are present in the application (deployment/Statefulset)
First, connect your cluster to DirectorOnline. You can do this by following the steps described here. After connecting your cluster to DO, you should find yourself at the "Overview" page.
All your applications will be listed here.
- Click on the desired application. In this example, we will enable monitoring for CockroachDB.
- Now go to Analytics and select "Enable Analytics"
- Wait for a while (it may take up to 5 minutes), and you will see a small dashboard in front of you. To view additional graphs, click on "View More" in the bottom right corner of the panel.
Similarly, you can enable metrics for the MinIO application. While enabling metrics you need to provide a bearer-token for prometheus. Click here to know the steps to generate this token.
- Click on MySQL from the application list.
- Go to Analytics and select "Enable Analytics," then enter the required details like username, password, etc., in the form, and click on "Submit".
- Wait for a period of time (it may take up to 5 minutes) and you will see a small dashboard in front of you. Again, you can view additional graphs by clicking on the "View More" button located in the bottom right corner of the panel.
- If you entered the wrong details of the application in the form, you could edit your entries back from the Analytics tab on the top right corner of the panel. It may also take up to 5 minutes for the changes to be reflected. If you don't want the metrics anymore, you can delete the analytics as well.
Likewise, you can enable monitoring for other applications:
Note: For Elasticsearch applications, you need to input data in the username and password field if the application does not have any authentication.
Note: For Redis applications, you can leave the password field empty if the application does not require any password.
One more fantastic feature that Director Online provides is the ability to generate and download a Report of your dashboards. Click on the Report button located in the top right panel of the dashboard, and you should get your graphs in PDF format.