MayaData is the founding company of the Open Source project OpenEBS, which is now a CNCF project. We are the largest contributor to the project and community development. The community operates primarily through the slack channel, where our team members and community members are very active in providing support to OpenEBS.
Apart from the Open Source slack channel, we at MayaData provide few other ways to extend support to OpenEBS users. To get any of these other modes of help and support, you are required to do a free Sign Up to MayaData. When you sign up, you get the following
- Free access to MayaData Help Center.
- A free forever subscription to Director Online, our SaaS platform for visibility, control, and management of stateful applications.
- A free forever subscription to Director OnPrem. It is same as Director Online, except that it is deployed on your own Kubernetes cluster and managed by you.
MayaData Help Center:
You are already here. You can access the Help Center anytime directly at help.mayadata.io or through your account portal. At Help Center you will find help in the following ways:
- Knowledgebase or help articles: These help articles give the context of not just OpenEBS but also the overall solution related to stateful data or use case.
- Answer bot: Help can also be sought through a bot that appears on your screen. This is a step before you get in touch with a human agent.
- Human agents: If an agent is available, you will be offered free help or support.
- Support tickets: You can raise tickets with details of your query or issue. If your ticket is related to a deployment that is under a trial subscription or paid subscription, SLAs will be applied to that ticket and you will be given priority support.
- User community forums: Users can help each other freely. You can ask questions or provide help to other users on the community forum. Our agents also provide free help or support on these posts on the community forum.
OpenEBS Enterprise Platform free-forever subscription:
By default, when you sign up, you are subscribed for a free-forever subscription. This means that your access to the SaaS platform and OnPrem software will not be revoked. Under the free subscription, key visibility features such as alerts, monitoring, topology view, and logging are available which will help you debug your issues in an auto-support mode.
OpenEBS Enterprise Platform trial subscription:
A trial subscription is applied to a Kubernetes cluster that is connected either to the SaaS platform or to the OnPrem version. There are two reasons for you to subscribe to a trial version.
- You can create a support ticket and seek support SLAs even under trial subscription
- You can unlock features such as DMaaS.
A trial subscription is for a period of 30 days, during which the above advantages are applied. After a trial is ended without getting upgraded to a paid version, the cluster will be switched back to the free version. All your clusters remain functional as is, but without access to the special features and without support SLAs.
OpenEBS Enterprise Platform commercial subscription:
A paid subscription or commercial subscription entitles you to support SLAs, access to our Subject Matter Experts / SMEs on Data Agility. There are various plans that you can opt for, or ask for a custom plan. You will be discussing these plans with the sales team when the cluster is under trial subscription.